Rise Above: Art of the Counterculture exhibit Gallery Opening on 9/16/17!
Curated by the Trenton Punk Rock Flea Market, Rise Above: Art of the Counterculture shines a spotlight on punk's current impact on art. This show will feature 100+ counterculture artists who aspire to swim upstream & maintain against the grain with divergent ways of thinking and a strong DIY ethic. These are the artists of the underground.
The exhibition will run from September 12 - October 14, 2017. Opening Reception will be on September 16, 2017, from 7-9pm.
NOTE TO ARTISTS:
- Submitting to this form does NOT guarantee you a spot in the show. You will be notified if you are selected.
- Once you submit your information, you MUST email images of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make the subject line "Rise Above + Your name". Your submission will not be accepted without associated images being sent via email.
- July 8 - August 4, 2017: Open call for artists
- Friday August 4, 2017: Registration Deadline
- Friday August 11, 2017: Acceptance/regret letters will go out via email (make sure to check the email you registered with)
- August 25-26, 2017 – All works must be dropped off or received between 11am-5pm. Artists mailing work will receive additional shipping instructions. Please indicate if you are mailing your works in when you submit your form.
- September 16, 2017 – Opening reception for Rise Above: Art of the Counterculture, 7-9pm
- October 17-18, 2017: Works picked up at Artworks Trenton
By submitting the application form you have agreed to the following terms and conditions:
The Artist affirms that all works of art submitted are original. All artworks are for sale unless expressly stated by artist. The artist is to set the price and Artworks will take a 30% commission from the selling price. Works of art will remain on display for the length of the exhibition. Works of art are insured by Artworks for the length of the show. Artist gives permission to photograph their artwork for promotional and educational use. The Artworks Executive Director, Exhibits Coordinator, and The Trenton Punk Rock Flea Market shall decide on the suitability of any art, the framing or support structure, and any visual or written material that might accompany an exhibit. Any works of art left at Artworks 30 days after the close of the exhibition and pick up dates will become property of Artworks and/or The Trenton Punk Rock Flea Market, to be used in orphaned art exhibitions as a fundraiser for Artworks Trenton. A $50.00 release fee will be imposed on any Artwork still on the premises.