Become A TPRFM Food Runner!
The Trenton Punk Rock Flea Market is always looking for young, bright, talented and hard-working folks to join our team and we are currently accepting applications for our Food Runner Program. Please see below for more info and to apply.
WHAT IS A FOOD RUNNER?
For the past two years, the TPRFM has employed food runners at our events and they have been a big hit amongst our vendors. These food runners, fueled by the income of tips only, are the personal food/drink attendants for our vendors during the flea market.
- Food runners must be at least 16 years or older (under 18 must include a parent-signed release)
- This is not a PAID position by the TPRFM. This is a work-for-tips situation. The longer, faster and more efficient you work - the more money you make! The range of tips can be anywhere from $50 to well over $100.
- Food Runners must be available to work the hour before an events starts, to about an hour before the event ends. For example, if the market's hours are 10am to 5pm, Food Runners are expected to work from 9am to 4pm.
- All vendors are broken down into sections, and each section has a designated food runner assigned to them. Food Runners will have maps of these sections and are to regularly touch base with their tables in their section so they must be social and fast on their feet. Sense of urgency and communication are KEY for this position
- Food Runners jobs are to get food for the vendors and have no responsibility in making sure the vendor's tables are managed. They are not to watch anyone's tables or handle any of the merchandise, even if "just for a moment".
- Applications are reviewed year-round! We will be in contact with you well in advance, before each event and recruit if qualified. We currently host up to five flea markets per year year so don't worry if you aren't contacted immediately. We keep all applications on file!
Think you got what it takes to hang with the TPRFM Crew? Cool. We’d love to hear about it! Fill out the form below and let us know what you got and we’ll be in touch.